If you’re reading this page, you’re probably planning a wedding. Warmest congratulations from all of us at Heartland EFC! Marriage is an exciting gift from God, and we do our best to help couples enter into this covenant in a way that honors Him. We hope the following information will help you decide if Heartland EFC might be a good fit for your wedding plans.
- Comfortably seats 375 (290 on the main floor and 85 in the balcony)
- Maximum capacity is 450
- Introductory Meeting: Each couple will need to fill out a Couple Profile and have an introductory meeting with a Heartland pastor before the pastor can agree to officiate the wedding and a date can be put on Heartland’s calendar. This gives the pastor a chance to hear your story and make sure there is alignment with Heartland’s wedding policy.
- Counseling: Heartland requires at least six one-hour sessions of pre-marriage counseling. Typically, your officiating pastor will do three of these sessions; the remaining three will be held with other couples in the church. (For a wedding officiated by an approved guest pastor, documentation of an equivalent counseling plan is required.)
- Worship: During the period of engagement, we request that the couple attend Heartland’s Sunday morning services as regularly as possible.
- Heartland members & participating, regular attenders: $525*
- Those who do not attend Heartland regularly: $625*
- Offsite wedding: $250**
* Fee includes officiating pastor, premarital counseling, Heartland wedding facilitator, audiovisual technicians, and facility usage. Livestream and/or video (not professional) is an additional fee.
** Fee includes officiating pastor and premarital counseling.
- Fill out the Wedding Request Form. This will go to the Heartland office to begin conversations about the possibility of a wedding.
- Fill out a Couple Profile and turn it in to the Heartland office. The Couple Profile will remain confidential and goes directly to a Heartland pastor.
- A Heartland pastor will contact you to schedule an introductory meeting. If you decide together that he will officiate your wedding and you agree to the premarital counseling requirements, he will request a wedding date to be placed on the Heartland calendar.
- To reserve your date, you will need to confirm the date with the officiating pastor. The facilities director must then approve your facility use form and receive a $100 non-refundable deposit. (Please note that proposed wedding dates are subject to other events on the Heartland calendar and cannot be guaranteed until confirmed by the above process. Often, dates in late May-early June and late December are difficult to approve due to other church events and staffing needs.)
- Begin premarital counseling.
- A Heartland wedding facilitator will contact you a few weeks before your wedding day to help coordinate the ceremony and facility details.
- The remainder of your fee for your wedding and reception must be paid one month prior to your wedding date.
If you have any questions throughout your planning process, please email Melody:
Again, warmest congratulations on your upcoming wedding!